Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Random Update

I've done a very good job of visiting the site-I think I've been up there 6 out of the last 7 days. It seems like there are things happening but after the insanity of Framing Week, the little stuff is a minor letdown. #firstworldproblems, I know. When I visited Monday, I saw that someone had been through the house with a can of orange spray paint, marking bad stuff like the broken window, a hole in the plywood in an exterior wall and quite a few studs that had issues (plumb, square, bowed, twisted) as well as that pesky broken truss. Honesty I was a bit relieved that I didn't have to bring it to anyone's attention but you would think that at the factory they would check the walls & trusses and not send out crap. 

Holy Morning Room...too bad they missed some thin spots up above


That's a lot of orange.  Glad they caught this!


Good to know others spotted the problem truss


Not a chance this window passes!


When I visited yesterday, I got a little excited (again). They had delivered our furnace, ac unit, and the ductwork and electrical supplies! Our garage is acting like a garage! Hooray! They also made a few fixes, including repairing the truss. Not gonna lie, it was tempting to grab that paint and mark a few studs I'm questioning but since I had no sharpie to indicate the problem I passed. That being said, 3 holes in the subfloor remain holes. And 1 exterior wall spot too. And let's not forget the master bath window...it's not foggy because it's dry right now. That'll change once it rains.


YES!!!  Our Garage is finally acting like a Garage!!


Broken Truss repaired.  J Stew approved


WHY would one take a circular saw partway through load-bearing
studs but leave them?

Oh and our basement's framed! That's kinda big!

View from our bar.  AKA Adult Playground!


Last thing is the view from our front porch and some of the windows...if you look closely, you'll see the U.S. Steel Tower and the BNY Mellon building in downtown Pittsburgh! Not sure the view will survive the rest of the homes going up but for now that's pretty cool!

US Steel Tower just to the right of the post.  BNY Mellon just to the right of that.

Sign Update: still buried BUT they've pasted some sort of "Ryan Homes SOLD" sticker on an upper window. It's just not the same but I guess I'll be thankful some effort is being made!

Problem solved?

This house is taken!










No comments:

Post a Comment