Wednesday, April 22, 2015

It's beginning to look like we can build a house!

En route to J's northern property last night, I took a hugely surprising detour by our house.  It seems weird to call it "our house" instead of "the site" but now that there are basement walls, I feel legit in saying that.

I was once again doing a happy dance in my SUV when I realized that the giant stack of windows & doors WAS FOR US!  Then I noticed the 2 huge piles of lumber with "PTN-CX-704" spray-painted on them.  Houston, WE HAVE LUMBER!!!

First Floor!  

Guessing the other pile is for the second floor?


What lovely windows & doors!

To top off that wonderful sight, we signed the paperwork and J's house should hit the open market this weekend!  I totally challenged the realtor to beat my parents' home selling in 2 days in 2013.  Hopefully it all goes according to plan - the realtor loved what we had done and said we did an excellent job on our "homework".  That's fancy talk for an ungodly amount of cleaning!

Sign update:  Our "new" SR has taken notice of our poor sign.  He claims it "must've been knocked down during the earthwork."  Of course it was.  Maybe after framing it'll get some love?  Until then...

This sign is officially my nemesis.

Here's an interesting situation.  Our neighborhood had 2 SRs.  The one we had been dealing with almost exclusively was transferred to another community.  No biggie - there's still a familiar face who can answer questions.  The "new" one (to us) is actually better.  At least he answers the phone, returns emails, etc.  I'm not saying that our "old" SR is bad or anything, she just neglects to inform us that she's followed up on things and as such, I look like a bit of a jerk for re-sending emails to confirm.

The latest incident was concerning our address.  The county website doesn't have our address listed, rather, it stops 1 before us yet that address is actually our neighbors' lot according to the parcel map.  I emailed "old" SR last Thursday bc, well, it's a bit concerning that the address you've been given no longer exists and I wanted some clarification.  Crickets from her.  Perhaps she has forgot her little speech that "anything less than a 10 is failing"?  Luckily "new" SR cleared it up - the county is wrong (imagine that!!) but they're working to rectify the issue.  In the grand scheme of things, it's not a showstopper but it IS highly annoying.  We spend a nice chunk of change and deserve better communication.  At least that's my little opinion.

4 comments:

  1. Just out of curiosity, how did you discover the address issue with the county?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was curious how we spent compared to neighbors so I went to our county's property valuation assessment website. I ran our street and the results that came back showed the house numbers right up to the odd number before us. When I clicked on the parcel map tab, it showed our next door neighbors' lot. Then I started asking questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poor communication is just sad. Our Sales Rep has been awesome. I'm sorry to hear you don't have the same experience. Hopefully your PM rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same thing happened with us regarding the county online map. I sent them an email and they fixed it.

    ReplyDelete