Wednesday, April 29, 2015

What a Difference a Day Makes!

J & I took the weekend off from stalking visiting our home site and ventured off to sunny Florida so he could return the favor and be Best Man for his Best Man's wedding.  It was warm, sunny (mostly), sandy and did I mention warm?  While PA was in some sort of sick late spring deep-freeze we soaked up some rays (ok I toasted a little but it happens!) and relaxed.  Well, J relaxed and I lost my voice which is apparently the funniest thing EVER.  At least to J.

Drama-Free Zone

 Our PM had sent us a quick note (he's not wordy...the email updates are very short and to the point and that's ok - at least he responds) that our framing would be starting either Monday or Tuesday.  Score!!!  No more looking at just dirt or a hole or a footer or just walls!  Of course I headed to the site after work on Monday to check this out.  Bah!  No walls.  They had managed to move some lumber onto the corners but it was a bit of a mess.  I didn't stick around.  I snapped a quick picture, looked for my sign (totally invisible) and hightailed it back to the house to watch Game of Thrones.

I guess this is progress?

Yesterday I worked out of a field office and again, detoured by the construction site on my way home.  I think my suv's got auto-pilot and just knows to drive up I-79 after work.  I literally squealed when I pulled up and saw that WE NOW HAVE A FIRST FLOOR WITH WINDOWS!!!

I see windows & door openings!

I totally photo-ed the living hell out of the place (evidence below) and walked all around - hey, this time I was wearing jeans and tennis shoes, much more construction site-appropriate than a dress and ballet flats!  I was all kinds of excited to walk through the rooms (and walls - soon enough only a ghost could pull that off) and imagine where our furniture will go, what the views will be, etc.  I must say, J has one heck of an office - that 4' extension is really nice!  The nerd in me took pics of the steel that will support the bonus room & the columns/beams used for the basement floor.  I also took pics of some suspect lumber they used but these 2x4s weren't on load-bearing walls (it's nice to be able to look & see which ones matter) so I'm not too concerned.  It would've been great if J had been there with me but alas, he was still chained to his desk.  Something about needing to pay for the house or some other such nonsense.

View of Great Room from Garage

Great Room & J's "Study"

My Kitchen!  Oh, and the awesome Morning Room, too!

Our Backyard...it'll be fabulous when the leaves are out!

That's a nice piece of steel!

Good to know we're properly supported


Sign update:  I found it.  Well, I think it was our sign, I saw the bottom post and a tiny bit of the sign sticking out from under a pile of dirt.  NOW IT'S PERSONAL!!!

It's not a problem until it's a problem...

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love the adventures of your sign. When are you scheduled to close? You are almost right on track with us. Our builder seems a bit slower than RH builders are though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sign is my nemesis! All other signs are up - it's literally JUST ours that is abused! I think we are scheduled to close around mid-July. At least that was what we were told the last time we asked.

    ReplyDelete