Thursday, April 16, 2015

Glad I Stopped By!


Big changes since Saturday were discovered on my way home yesterday. Well, it was a total side trip to the tune of 16 unnecessary miles but it was a nice evening so I figured I would stop by the site and see if the basement walls had been poured. Much to my delight, not only had the walls been poured but the form work had been removed too!! This was definitely the highlight of my day! J's response to my text of "BABY WE HAVE A BASEMENT" was a rather animated "SSSWWWWWEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!"  That's a huge show of emotion via text for him!  We may be a little excited, can't you tell?

Here are some fun pictures from my visit:

Home, Sweet Home!


Wonder if this is the trench for the drainage?

YES!!!  They got our egress window in the correct spot!  I've seen this messed up soooo many times that I was a little concerned about this NSR.
Sweet view of the interior of the basement.  No floor yet...
I just love the writing utensils in the Construction World!  But what did they scratch out?!?!?!
Now I know it's personal.  This sign is totally my nemesis!  Why no love, Ryan?  







2 comments:

  1. I wish a photo comment was possible but our sign has been on the ground since excavation as well. It looks like you're maybe a week behind us in the building process. It's hard to contain the excitement. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This sign is just hilarious - seriously, every other one in the 'hood is either in the yard or firmly attached to the house. Ours is clearly the red-headed stepchild of the court. Congrats to you too - it's fun to see current builds take shape for sure.

    ReplyDelete