Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Who knew a little bit of concrete would be so exciting?!

Ok, so the short answer to that is no one except a civil enginerd. I remember making concrete for a grade in school. Nothing that fun EVER happened in my accounting classes!

But seriously, I drove by Thursday afternoon and was really excited to realize I had my workboots in my car. Score-I could walk over to The Pit without ruining my good shoes! I talked with the guys removing the form work and they told me that our basement walls would likely be poured Monday or Tuesday (today as I write this-I got busy!)

I snapped a pic or two and of course didn't bother to notice if we were on solid rock or not (sometimes I really disappoint J with my lack of observational skills) but no matter, we had to stop by the site en route to his property Saturday! Bonus-if no one paid attention to the site conditions, I wouldn't be guilty if he was there too.  
I made friends!  I didn't mention the footers were all crooked because...well, it doesn't matter!

So we returned Saturday and thoroughly investigated things. J noted the shaley excavation conditions (verified by our PM) and I took pictures of him enginerding from the safety of the garage footer. I was not in the mood to climb anything after my unimpressive driving of Manny (J's 5-speed Honda) but that's another story.
J Stew doing what J Stew does...

J surveying the site
I felt like this was a good "where's waldo" photo-op

Our sign is still on site but still is being treated like a red-headed stepchild as it's lying down, face up on the dirt. Why is ours the only one not standing!?! I'm beginning to think it's intentional...

Poor, poor mistreated sign
This has nothing to do with the house but yesterday was the Home Opener, Play Ball Buccos!!



2 comments:

  1. Your blog is one of my favorites. I love following other civil engineers in the home building process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm a fan of your blog too - hopefully they actually bring an excavator on site and move some dirt around soon!

      Delete